The Sales Representative will be in Brenntag Lubricants Central’s Professional Development Program (PDP) that primarily focuses on developing individuals for successful careers in technical sales and account management roles. The training track for the PDP provides extensive exposure to multiple facets of Brenntag Lubricants Central including transportation, logistics, procurement, inventory management, supply chain, marine, and equipment operations. During this time, if the employee and management believe their skills would be better suited for another area of the company, the move will be assessed and if approved the training track will be adjusted. The employee in the PDP for technical sales will initially be spend extensive time in the Fuel Department directly responsible for answering incoming calls, writing up fuel orders and pricing out orders. This position also involves quoting fuel prices to customers both verbal and written.
- Significantly contribute to new business development and profitability growth by executing sales/ marketing strategies.
- Develop and maintain a balanced pipeline of existing business and client prospects through aggressive cold calling, research, networking and referrals.
- Identify new sales and service opportunities.
- Build and sustain strong customer relationships.
- Match programs to customer requirements, and close contracts for defined programs.
- Support outside sales representatives.
- Identify, develop and implement new value add to the company
- Clearly articulate, execute, and enhance Brenntag Lubricants Central value proposition.
- Maintain an up to date level of product, technical, and application knowledge.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and processes.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Carry out responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner that promotes diversity, safety, and equal treatment to other employees.
- Respond to changing market conditions that contributes to long term sustainability.
- Analyze client needs through need analysis techniques and consultative sales strategies in order to provide customer solutions.
- Comfortable working a Sales- driven and results- oriented environment where financial rewards are based on metrics.
- Must be able to analyze problems and develop fit for purpose solutions.
- Ability to develop, monitor and accomplish goals; as well as close deals and win opportunities.
- Must be able to work as a team as well as individually.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree- preferably Marketing/ Management/ Industrial Distribution: Required
- Computer Skills: Highly proficient user of MS office