The Marine Market Manager is a cross-functional role responsible for directing the activity in support of further development of Brenntag’s marine initiative, specifically with Caustic Soda (NaOH) and Urea 40% (DEF).
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Maintain, expand, and leverage key customer relationships that include brokers and ship owners.
- Develop and execute on targeted growth, GP, and volume strategies for the marine market.
- Identify key customers and influencers.
- Build a knowledge of major competitors.
- Work with BNA management on pricing strategies.
- Work with Brenntag operating companies and/or third parties to ensure flawless delivery network.
- Develop relationships with operating companies and assigned marine personnel.
- Identify and signup third party partners in areas where Brenntag has limited capabilities.
- Utilize Brenntag global resources to secure new business and maintain ship information.
- Work with Executive Management on organizational priorities, goals, and objectives.
- Participate in monthly meetings and communicates activities for action/follow-up/execution.
- Attends internal and external training sessions as necessary for continued development of product and industry knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Required Skills/Abilities:
- Travel up to 30%
- Ability to respond to challenging demands of the global marine business even if outside of normal business hours
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Marine market knowledge
- Closing skills
- Prospecting skills
- Sales planning and selling to customer needs
- Territory management
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably science-based) or commensurate of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in sales and/or marketing in the marine industry.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Sit up to 50% of the day
- Type up to 50% of the day
- Use computer programs up to 50% of the day
- Use the telephone up to 80% of the day
- Stand up to 50% of the day
- Walk up to 50% of the day
- Drive up to 25% of the day
- Lift/push/pull up to 30lbs
- Work in an environment where temperatures can be very hot during the summer months and very cold during the winter months.