The Account Manager is responsible for sales and marketing efforts for a target set of customers in the assigned area. This position is within our Commercial Industrial Lubricants Team. This position is also responsible for assisting the Sales Manager in measuring performance across the Commercial Industrial Lubricants Group to support the achievement of the short and long-term goals of the Company. The individual will utilize frequent direct face-to-face contact in a consultative sales approach to ensure the satisfaction of customer needs. They will identify selling opportunities and assertively act upon the opportunities that offer maximum potential and/or profit.
- Significantly contribute to new business development and profitability growth by executing sales and marketing strategi
- Assist Sales Manager, in designing and managing systems and processes to support continued sales and margin growth across the division.
- Develop and maintain a balanced pipeline of client prospects through aggressive cold calling, research, networking and referral
- Secure meetings with key decision makers and advance opportunities through sales process to achieve revenue and margin objective
- Optimize value of customer offers within strategic pricing framework by understanding the market and conveying technical solution that assist the clients in improving their products or processe
- Maintain an up-to-date level of product, technical, and application knowledg
- Ensure all pertinent information is entered and maintained in the CRM.
- Effectively respond to changing market conditions that contributes to long term sustainabili
- Proactively develop and propose ways to address business challenges, emerging trends and opportuniti
- Identify commercial outcomes from negotiations and plan and assist in achieving these outcome
- Carry out responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner that promotes diversity, safety, and equal treatment to other employ
- Demonstrate and facilitate open and honest communication with the department and with employees at all levels of the compan Communicate regularly within the department on appropriate matters. Communicate with peer managers across the company.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex technical solutions in an understandable and meaningful wa
- Ability to effectively leverage the skills and knowledge within A.M. to support excellent customer service and drive continued sales growth.
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed environment to achieve company goal
- Excellent time-management skill
- Very strong computer skills, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM system
- Ability to convey passion and technical expertise when presenting J.A. products and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Distribution, Business, or a related field from a recognized and properly accredited university is required.
- Preference may be given to candidates with an advanced degree
- Ideally, the candidate will possess at least 2 years’ successful experience selling into the oil or lubricant