Ensure J.A.M. Distributing, Marine Division, boats, barges, trucks and docks are properly stocked and have enough reserve inventories to continue operations as efficiently as possible at all times. Plan and schedule vessel and truck operations during respective assigned weeks. Coordinate vessel and driver availability to attain the smooth and efficient movement of fuel and lubricants as effectively and safely as possible to the customer’s satisfaction. Assist with upholding company policy and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain vessel schedules in support of fuel and lubricant deliveries via barge and truck.
- Coordinate vessel and truck movements as needed by communicating with agents and customers.
- Interact closely with Marine Sales, Customer Service groups, and agents for delivery details.
- Coordinate barge loadings with terminal and additive providers as needed.
- Establish priorities based on availability of personnel, equipment, and other resources.
- Maintain, monitor, and adjust job position sheets and fuel logs on a daily basis.
- Maintain a variety of Key Performance Indicators and metrics on a daily basis.
- Assist with maintaining compliance on as-needed basis.
- Respond to emergency situations as needed.
- Participate in training and developing policy.
- Be responsible for 24 hour/day dispatching and incident response during on-call rotation.
- Ensure operations are completed in a safe, organized manner for maximum efficiency.
- Create and maintain operations contacts and work relationships with customers, agents, boat crews, truck drivers.
- Communicate clearly (verbal and written) to all stakeholders.
- Assist as needed with inventory control.
- Other assignments will be given as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education: Four year college education in Maritime or related studies or equivalent experience preferred
Experience: Must have knowledge of inland towing industry. Must possess experience with commercial port operations and regulations. Must be thoroughly familiar with tank barge, ship, terminal/refinery operations.
Computer Skills: Must be competent in the use of Microsoft products.
Certifications & Licenses: TWIC and valid driver’s license.
Other Requirements: Must be available to varying on-calls hours.