The Account Manager is responsible for managing the overall sales and marketing efforts. The individual will utilize frequent direct face-to-face contact in a consultative sales approach to ensure the satisfaction of customer needs. They will identify selling opportunities and assertively act upon the opportunities that offer maximum potential and/or profit
- Significantly contribute to new business development and profitability growth by executing sales/ marketing strategies.
- Develop and maintain a balanced pipeline of client prospects through aggressive cold calling, research, networking and referrals.
- Enter all sales and pipeline activity in company CRM system.
- Secure meetings with key decision makers and advance opportunities through sales process to achieve sales objectives.
- Optimize value of customer offers within strategic pricing framework by understanding the market, understanding the competition, and understanding client needs.
- Clearly articulate, execute, and enhance J.A.M. Equipment value proposition.
- Maintain an up to date level of product, technical, and application knowledge.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and processes.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Carry out responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner that promotes diversity, safety, and equal treatment to other employees.
- Respond to changing market conditions that contributes to long term sustainability.
- Analyze client needs through need analysis techniques and consultative sales strategies in order to provide customer solutions.
- Proactively develop and propose ways to address business challenges, emerging trends and opportunities.
- Identify commercial outcomes from negotiation, plan and assist in achieving these outcomes.
- Combine corporate targets, market trends and cost data into commercial and pricing strategies.
- Perform other tasks and projects as dictated by business and as requested.
- Comfortable working a Sales- driven and results- oriented environment where financial rewards are based on metrics.
- Must be able to analyze problems and develop fit for purpose solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present solutions in an understandable and meaningful way.
- Ability to effectively leverage the skills and knowledge within J.A.M. Equipment to support excellent customer service and drive continued sales growth.
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed environment to achieve company goals.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to convey passion and technical expertise when presenting J.A.M. products and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) preferred. Will consider relevant work experience in place of degree.
- Preference may be given to candidates with a degree.
- 2+ years verifiable Business to Business experience
- Computer Skills: Highly proficient user of MS office